As a Posh Peacock shopper, you’ll find an array of stylish pieces arriving daily. Our furnishings include quality brand names such as Drexel, Ethan Allen, Henredon, Bernhardt, American Leather, Hickory White, Karges, Pottery Barn, Natuzzi, Restoration Hardware, Stickley, Baker and more. Not only will you find fantastic quality, but you will find terrific prices as well, so browsing is encouraged. So whether you have just a few minutes for a quick walk through, or an hour to leisurely shop with a friend, stop and look - you’ll be hooked!
Please feel free to also browse our online “showroom.”. Although it is not a retail site, it will give you a good idea of what you will find at Posh Peacock – and make you want to stop in to see the items in person!
Our customers know the best thing about making a purchase at Posh Peacock is paying far below the retail price for high-quality items! They also have learned there are some key things you should know if you shop at Posh Peacock regularly. Consider these tips they have learned by experience:
- Stop in frequently as the inventory changes constantly. New inventory is arriving on a daily basis!
- Learn to read the tags, as they hold the key to unlocking great deals!
- If you love it, buy it now because it may be gone when you return!
- Follow Posh Peacock on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to see the new items coming into the store!
- You’ll find quality items! (No need to settle for cheaply made, low cost/high volume big-box retailer furniture that may only last a couple of years.)
- Tell your friends so they can shop (and consign) with you!
We want you to enjoy your shopping experience in our store so we are glad to help you measure, snap a photo, or talk over details of your room. We will even hold an item (Monday – Thursday) so you can have 24 hours to check on its fit in your room. Please note however, we do not hold items on Friday or Saturday, or the day before and day of a price markdown.
Check out our FAQ page here to find out even more - and don’t forget that Posh Peacock shoppers can also consign! In fact, consigning with us is the best way to make room for that new Posh Peacock purchase!
Tags & Markdowns
As a Posh Peacock shopper, knowing how to read the price tag is key! Most tags, (but not all) have three prices. In the lower right corner will be the price the item is given upon arrival (see A). If the item is still in the store after a period of days, it’s price will be discounted 20% (see B) and if it lasts another set period of days, the original price will drop by 40%. (see C). So it's important to look at the line in the middle of the tag and note the dates! To find the current price, all you have to do is consider today’s date in relation to the dates on the center line. If today’s date is after one of the listed dates, it is that price. If the dates have not happened yet, it will be the price to the left. Read more about what happens on the stated dates in the "Price Reduction Day" section below.
Price Reduction Day
The dates listed on our tags represent a Price Reduction Day (PRD). At 10 am on the PRD an item's price is officially reduced, and to prevent our boss from selling it to the cutest male customer, we have some rules that everyone must follow...
• Items are sold at the reduced price at 10:00 am – NOT BEFORE.
• If two or more customers are here at 10 and want to purchase the same item, we use a deck of cards. The person who draws the highest card wins the right to purchase the item.
• On PRD, customers who come to the store to purchase an item at 10 am take priority over customers calling by phone at 10 am.
• If no one comes into the store to make the purchase at 10 am, then a customer calling by phone is able to purchase the item with a credit card.
• If you call the store at 10 am on PRD and we do not answer, feel free to immediately try calling again!
• We do not hold items the night before PRD or on PRD.
Now or Later
The turn over of inventory in Posh Peaock is constant. New items are always arriving and merchandise on the sales floor is always leaving. Many a customer in our store has learned the hard way that if you don’t buy it when you see it, it will most likely be gone when you return! Keep this in mind when you are shopping because it is no fun to find, “It would have been the perfect piece,” rather than, “This IS the perfect piece!”
Getting It Home
Posh Peacock does not move or transfer furniture for purchasers. You will need to pickup your purchase within three business days, and provide manpower to load it. When picking up items, you are responsible for any disassembly that is necessary. It is often a good idea to bring tiedowns and blankets to help wrap or cushion your new-found treasures on their ride home.
Customers are responsible for loading and securing purchased items in their vehicles.
If you don’t have a vehicle large enough to transport your purchase or need assistance, we are happy to provide a referral for third party movers who have earned the trust of our customers. It is highly suggested that if you are moving ANYTHING with glass that you use an insured mover.
On the home page you can watch the latest video walk through, or check out the deal of the week. You can also browse our inventory by category using the purple navigation bar at the top of the page or the MENU button on the mobile page.