- The consignment contract period is 90 days. All items must remain in the store for the full 90 days. Any consigned item removed from inventory prior to the full 90-day contract will be charged a 25% fee based on current showroom price.
- Consignors will receive 50% of the selling price.
- After the first 30 days, if the item has not sold, we discount 20%; if has not sold after 60 days, it is discounted another 20%.
- After an item sells, checks are mailed out on the 15th of the FOLLOWING month. For example, if an item sells in Dec., the check will be mailed out Jan. 15.
- If your items have not sold after 90 days, you will have 3 business days to pick them up or make arrangements for pick up. It is the consignor’s responsibility to remember this date, which will be on your contract. If you have not reclaimed your items by the 4th business day from contract expiration, they become the property of Posh Peacock Consignment Gallery and may be donated to local charities that we support.
- Items must be in good condition and clean, with no scrapes or stains (no damaged merchandise). If items are accepted and work is needed on your piece, a fee will be deducted from your portion of the sale price.
- Acceptance of merchandise is totally at the discretion of management.
Please note that while we will do our utmost to ensure that your items are safe, Posh Peacock Consignment Gallery is not responsible for damage, theft or loss of any consigned items.
Additional notes: By charging a buyer's fee, we are able to keep offering a 50/50 split to consignors instead of the 60/40 that has become standard for most consignment stores. This fee also makes it possible for Posh Peacock Consignment Gallery to not charge any "Sign-Up" fees or annual "Membership" fees that are common in the resale industry.